Five students from a government school in Telangana’s Janagon district were rushed to the district hospital on displaying symptoms of food poisoning early on Friday, March 22.

The female students of the Telangana Social Welfare Residential Educational Institutions Society’s (TSWREIS) school, in Pembarthy village, reportedly experienced vomiting and stomach aches after consuming rice with sambar and brinjal curry at their hostel mess the previous night.

The female students accused the mess contractor of regularly serving substandard food, which often contained insects in the vegetables used for cooking.